8/10/11

The Hard Part

Well, I am officially looking at agents and publishers for Knight's End. Yeah, it is a LONG way down the road from now, but I am an optimist and believe in research, research, research. It is NEVER too early to start looking and weighing your options. 
Do you want to start querying agents? Want to know where to find them? I would suggest buying Writer's Digest. It has a lot of helpful tips you might need down the road. You gets writing tips, querying tips, proposal tips, and lots and lots of agent names. 
Writer's Digest will be your best friend, I promise you. I have the 2010 edition and I'm about to update to the 2011. There are all kinds of publishers listen alphabetically with helpful information: how many books they publish a year, how long it takes for them to reply to queries, exactly what to send to them when you send a proposal. These are all VERY important details. 
Wow, that was very infodumpy.
Hm. So, today  I went to work, came home, and worked on editing Knight's End. I love my inkpop friends so much. Erica Danielle Carol helped me with adding more description to my writing and djinnia gave me helpful pointers for showing emotion in dialogue. Inkpop had made me grow as a writer again and again. I feel like I can conquer the industry. :D
Okay... maybe not just yet. But, it truly is a great place for aspiring writers. If you are a beginner, maybe stray for a bit. Inkpop critics can be harsh in their words, but they only want to make you the best you can be. You can't be soft-hearted in this industry. If you can't take criticism, you will NEVER make it as an author.
Well, adios for now! I just wanted to post something so my blog didn't seem so useless. 
I will most likely be posting an outline for Ghost Writer sometime next week. Between inkpop swaps and Knight's End edits, I have also been working on GW. I like the idea so far; I hope it goes over well.
Tata for now :D
J. D. Montgomery

3 comments:

  1. Ooh. Congrats Jami! May I recommend Nelson's Literary Agency or Adam's Literary. They discovered some really popular YA titles like the Gallagher Girl series and Charlie Bone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knight's End is ranked at 11! One more spot to go! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angel :D I'm trying really hard!

    Bri -- I am trying everything I can get my hands on. I really like American Book Publishing and Wind River Publishing so far.

    ReplyDelete