8/6/11

Introduction to a Writer

Listening to: Adam Lambert, Sleepwalker


Hey everyone! My name is Jami Montgomery, and I would like to welcome you to my blog :D I'm a writer at heart, a dreaming traveler, and a sleepwalker. I go places in my dreams that I've never actually been. My main goal in life is to be a published author. I just LOVE everything about the industry. If I could be an editor, a publisher, an agent, or a writer, I would be a happy woman for the rest of my life. I'll go into more of that in my next post. 
I am currently working on a full edit of my Historical Fiction novel, Knight's End. I'll post a review of that later with more details. It is by far my favorite novel I have ever written. It has interesting characters, an original plot, action, romance, and just enough humor to keep a person entertained.
I am a member of inkpop.com, which, in my opinion, is the greatest writing website out there. It is run by Harper Collins publishing and holds so many  great opportunities for writers. My user name is Jami Montgomery. Go search me :D I have made so many wonderful friends on that website, and I feel like I have finally found a place I belong in a life full of insecurities. The people there see me as I am, no barriers. It's an amazing feeling. 
I work as a waitress at a local Italian restaurant. I love my job but my managers like to make my life difficult. I believe I am good at what I do. I'm a people person and I love the interaction my job requires.
I am also a college student. (I'm 21.. I don't think I shared that yet..) I am going to school for Business Management as a first degree before pursuing a Bachelor's in Publishing. I've taken so many business classes I could scream, but it's a step I have to take to get where I want to go. 
I'm a hard worker if the work interests me, otherwise I am SUPER lazy.
I have one sister, a mom, and a million dogs. Not really a million, but close. Okay, so, like 12, but still. My two babies are Melody and Cooper. The rest of them are my mom's. I live in small town Texas and I hate it. Can't wait to move somewhere bigger with more opportunities for me.
I also play guitar and sing. My guitar is a baby blue acoustic California edition Fender with an electric headstock and light brown wood on the back. It's beautiful and it was Fate. I wanted a black Fender with silver diamonds going up the neck. Took that one off the rack, and the blue one was behind it. I believe in love at first sight, because that's what I felt.
That being said, I am single and not looking. My life is hectic. Between inkpop swaps, full time school, part time work, and even more part time friends, I don't have time for boys. 
If there's anything else you feel the need to know, ask me. I might answer, I might not, but I won't bite you for trying. 
                                                                                                    J. D. Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment