8/7/11

Knight's End

Since it is doing such a great job on inkpop and is moving up in the ranks, here's a little look at my book.

Knight's End
     
Knight's End is a story about a knight who's reputation has been destroyed and a princess unwilling to live her life as a prize on a man's arm

Aston Smith, knight of Fridel, has been sent on a dangerous mission: catch The Rogue Royal, a notorious murderer who has been killing shady monarchs. When the mission goes wrong, Prince Talbot of Fridel blames his misdoings on Aston, resulting in the knight being sentenced to death. Not wanting to lost his life, he runs.
Along the way, he meets and teams up with runaway Jade du Halen, who he thinks is just another woman. Secretly, she is the runaway princess of Adion, who forewent her duties as a princess and refused to marry the man her father had chosen for her.  Instead, she convinces Aston that she can clear his name and save his life.
Now they are both being hunted by the same people: Monarchs and armies from the two cities they’ve spent their lives in.
Can these two individuals hide from their hunters, catch The Rogue Royal, and live happily ever after? Or will the secrets haunting both of their lives tear them apart?
In a story told from the perspectives of five individuals, lives are changed forever, reputations are destroyed, love is found and lost, and betrayal is never far behind. 

There you have it. My long pitch.
What do I think of Knight's End? I think I was really happy when the plot came together for me. I think I was astounded at the fact that I wrote this 53,000 word novel in three and a half weeks with no plot holes. I think my characters are amazing and that I wish they were real. I love this book more than I have loved anything I've ever written. 
I think it would be amazing if it made it to inkpop.com's top five for September. I want to spread my words, for I think this book has an underlying message that everyone could learn from.
I'm not going to tell you what it is, of course. That would give the entire book away.

J. D. Montgomery

2 comments: